Although our Rug Covers are relatively low maintenance, care is nevertheless necessary to maximise their longevity. Here are the best ways to wash your Ruggable rug Covers:
For Chenille Rugs:
1. Remove the dirty Rug Cover from the Rug Pad and put it in the washing machine with the design side facing
outwards. 2. Machine-wash the Rug Cover in cold water on a delicate cycle using a mild, non-bleach based detergent.
3. Dry on low heat or hang outside and air-dry.
Tip: You may choose to add 118ml of white vinegar to your detergent to help neutralise pet odours.
For spot cleaning and stain removal guidance, please see here.
For Re-Jute Rugs:
1. If the rug is used outdoors, first sweep or blow away any debris, such as leaves or dust, that may have accumulated on the rug. Do not use sharp instruments (like a metal rake) that may damage the woven fibers. If it is used indoors, proceed to step 2.
2. Remove the soiled Rug Cover from the Rug Pad and put it in the washer with the design side facing out. Machine-wash the Rug Cover in cold water on a delicate cycle using a mild, non-bleach detergent.
3. Hang-dry or tumble-dry on low.
For Outdoor Rugs:
1. Gently sweep or blow away any debris that may have gathered on the rug, such as leaves or dust.
2. Do not use sharp tools (such as metal rakes), as they may damage the woven fibres.
3. Remove the Rug Cover from the Rug Pad and put it in the washing-machine with the design side facing outwards.
4. Machine-wash the Rug Cover in cold water on a delicate cycle using a mild, non-bleach based detergent.
Hang out to dry or tumble-dry on a low heat.
Remember: Only the Rug Covers are washable. The Rug Pad should be spot-cleaned only.
To clean your Doormat Cover: Sweep, Spray, or Machine Wash
1. Sweep: For everyday maintenance, sweep or shake the Doormat Cover to get rid of dirt, dust, and loose debris.
2. Spray: You may also rinse the Doormat Cover with a garden hose
3. Machine Wash: For thorough cleaning, machine-wash the Cover in cold water using a mild and non-bleach detergent.
4. Machine or Air Dry: Tumble-dry on air fluff mode or lay flat to air dry.
To clean your Rubber Mat:
1. Spot-clean the area with soap and water using a cloth or towel. Alternatively, you can spray the mat down with a hose.
2. Lay flat to air dry.
For Bath Mats:
- Remove the soiled Bath Mat Cover from the Bath Mat Pad and put it in the washer with the design side facing out.
- Machine-wash the cover in cold water on a delicate cycle using a mild, non-bleach detergent.
- Dry on low heat or hang dry. Avoid excess sun exposure to maintain product quality and color.
Note: we do not recommend using fabric softener or bleach when washing the Bath Mat Cover as it may affect the product's texture and color.